Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Mother's Day Gala Debrief

It's been three days already and I still haven't shared anything about my Mother's Day Gala this year. So sorry!

It was amazing, of course. Not a single detail went undone or unnoticed by all of my local Instagram followers who attended -- online -- since I posted that if anyone drove anything older than a 2018 (including ride share services), they couldn't park or drop-off in my neighborhood and especially not in front of my house. 

So to make them FEEL BETTER, I invited them to attend a live Facebook feed instead. In the flesh, it was me, my next door neighbor (the one who sent my first fan mail), husband, mother, and 57 Hollywood extras I shuttled in for the night. 

It was a BLAST. At one point, I looked around and saw the fruits of my personal event planner's labor: Months of planning, shipping party goods in from out-of-state and the speeches she wrote for the extras to deliver about how I mother those around me. 

BIG SIDE NOTE: Before we got married, 
Brock (first mention of my husband) and I decided NOT to have kids. We weren't done being selfish and thought our lives would be more fulfilling focusing on something else like careers. We knew that way we could definitely get the public accolades we deserved.

For the first time ever since starting this event, I thought to myself at the end of the night, "Maybe I could be an amazingly talented actual MOM? Like the stay-at-home, pretend you're always busy and exhausted MOM? But then who would pick up my morning Starbucks and write me glowing performance reviews?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

2021 Event Schedule

With getting back in the swing of things, I've suddenly realized how many of my friends have moved away. Hello!? Mass exodus out of Cali...