Thursday, June 6, 2019

Stork Delivery?!

Amelia woke me up this morning at 5:15 a.m. calling me frantically saying she felt like she was going into labor. What that translates to is she felt like her SURROGATE might be going into labor. Why? She told me, "I peed my pants when I got up this morning for my 20-mile run. That's never happened to me before. I think the baby is coming."

So I told her to hang up with ME and call the girl carrying her child. The girl didn't pick up. Amelia called me back all panicky again. I told her to calm down, trust her soon-to-be mother's intuition and just show up on her doorstep, demanding she grab the Louis Vuitton hospital bag that Amelia gave/packed for her, and take her straight to the hospital -- NO stopping at Starbucks.

[NOTE: I've never had a baby, but that's what I've heard other friends have done with their surrogates.]

Amelia jumped in her Rover (after her on-call hair stylist and makeup artist did her full hair and makeup for professional hospital baby pics -- they finished around 11:00 a.m.), picked up her surrogate and headed in the direction of the nicest hospital in all of OC. Her surrogate kept telling Amel she felt just fine and to take her home.

Well, my friend went AGAINST my counsel and thought maybe if the prego lady really was feeling fine, she'd stop and get her first latte of the day at her preferred 'bucks. She ordered her surrogy a water cup. As they pulled through the drive-thru and Amelia handed her impregnated passenger the water while still looking at the drive-thru attendant. Right then, she heard a gush of water. She turned to see if she had dropped the cup, but really the girl's water had broken!!! Never mind all the gross amniotic fluid now all over those leather seats, Amelia and I BOTH knew the baby was coming. And I haven't even been to my psychic in a while! (She used to rub off on me when I went.) Isn't that so amazing?!

They rushed to the hospital right after that. I can't wait to be an Auntie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2021 Event Schedule

With getting back in the swing of things, I've suddenly realized how many of my friends have moved away. Hello!? Mass exodus out of Cali...