Monday, May 13, 2019

Home Sweet Only Home

So after Amelia's baby shower last Saturday, I happened to see her Facebook status on Mother's Day: "Got a Mima Xari stroller at my shower yesterday, but wish I would've gotten flowers delivered to ME too."

Rather than letting it ruin our "She's the only one I go to Pottery Barn with" friendship, I thought it would be nice to personally deliver a bouquet of flowers to make her FEEL BETTER. She doesn't live too far from me, but is in a really dinky, old house (about 3,000 square feet and built in the early 00s).

When she answered the door, I said, "Hi Amelia. I saw your status and thought I'd personally bring these by."

I handed her the bouquet of flowers I had my florist drop off at my house. She thanked me and invited me in to visit. I wasn't planning to stay, but thought it might be the perfect opportunity to scope out her house. I stepped into the family room and immediately blurted out: "Amelia! Wow, I must say, I really admire you for having the courage to have floral couches in your house."

She immediately started talking about how she and her hubby were saving up for a beach house.

ME: "So you're buying a new vacation home?"

HER: "No, we don't own a beach house. We just want to rent one for vacation."

ME: "Wait, so what other properties do you own then?"

HER: "Just this one."

She only has ONE home?! Where does she go for the winter? Then I felt REALLY bad for her, like really bad. I should have had my florist drop off TWO bouquets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2021 Event Schedule

With getting back in the swing of things, I've suddenly realized how many of my friends have moved away. Hello!? Mass exodus out of Cali...