Thursday, May 9, 2019

Do NOT Travel Local

People travel from all over the world to come to Orange County. It's a vacation land. They come to see the beaches, go to Disneyland, visit attractions in San Diego + Los Angeles, and relax. I LOVE living by the beach here, but it makes it hard when I want to take a trip. I have to get creative. I've learned that if I really want to FEEL BETTER about myself, I do NOT travel local

A "staycation" is a made up thing for people who can't afford to take a lot of time off work or don't have enough nannies to watch their only child while they're gone. Even going to the same place every year -- like a beach house at the Outer Banks every summer -- doesn't count. 

General rule of thumb: It has to be AT LEAST a two-hour flight to somewhere outside of the state you are currently living in and preferably out of the COUNTRY -- no same city or country traveled twice.

If you don't post pictures on Instagram, you might as well not even go. If people don't know where you went, how are they supposed to fuss over the lodge you stayed in overlooking the Alps or commiserate with you when that UBER driver picked you up in Manhattan driving a 2017 Toyota Corolla. Seriously, does UBER even allow cars that OLD?

My friend, Paige traveled to Croatia a few years ago to see where The Bachelorette was filmed and did not post ONE single picture during her trip. UGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2021 Event Schedule

With getting back in the swing of things, I've suddenly realized how many of my friends have moved away. Hello!? Mass exodus out of Cali...